Published on 12 March 2013
TO ORDER YOUR OWN MLB IN FULL BLOOM T-SHIRT, click here….
MLB In Full Bloom is sponsored by The Hitting Zone, Coachella Valley’s Premiere Indoor Batting Cages and training facility for Baseball and Softball. Call Patrick Evans at (760) 346.2414 for more information.
Each Friday, we will be giving away a free video analysis from the Hitting Zone. Fill out the entry form that is located on the right hand side of this page to enter.
21– Number of days until Opening Day
MLB News & Notes
- Zack Greinke was diagnosed with inflammation in the back of his right elbow on Monday. An MRI last week ruled out any structural damage and the findings on Monday confirmed it. Its unlikely that Greinke will be ready for Opening Day, but the Dodgers have the depth of starters to deal with this situation.
- David Ortiz (Achilles) admitted Monday that he will not be ready for Opening Day. Ortiz said his goal is to be healthy for "five or five and a half months."
- Aramis Ramirez (knee) ran the bases and did some lateral field work on Monday in Brewers camp. Ramirez has been slowed for the last 10 days by a sprained left knee, but the Brewers are confident that he will be ready for the start of the regular season.
- Jered Weaver tossed four shutout innings in Monday afternoon's 0-0 Cactus League tie with the Angels. Weaver has a 1.50 ERA this spring and appears ready to go for his Opening Day start in Cincinnati.
- Ryan Madson (elbow) threw a successful 20-pitch bullpen session Monday. The Angels plan for Madson is to throw eight more bullpen sessions before allowing him to throw in a Cactus League game.
- Nick Markakis had an MRI Monday afternoon and hopes the neck spasms that he has been coping lately aren't anything serious. The Orioles should announce the results on Tuesday.
- New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman is interested in signing Chipper Jones. However, Jones quickly responded by saying on Twitter, "Enough with the rumors! While I am flattered about the speculation of being enticed out of retirement, I'm happy with life as a bad golfer! Jones coming out of retirement to play for the Yankees was a pipe dream for Cashman.
- Brian Roberts believes he will be Baltimore's second baseman on Opening Day. Roberts has played in seven games this spring, which is about as many games as most Oriole regulars. Roberts is hitting well, going 8-for-20 with a home run and a couple doubles.
- Manny Ramirez has signed a short-term contract to play with the EDA Rhinos in Taiwan's professional baseball league. Ramirez has not appeared in the majors in April of 2011 and was released by Oakland.
- THIS DAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY: 1903 - The New York Highlanders (later the Yankees) were officially approved as members of the American League.