Published on 20 March 2013
TO ORDER YOUR OWN MLB IN FULL BLOOM T-SHIRT, click here….
MLB In Full Bloom is sponsored by The Hitting Zone, Coachella Valley’s Premiere Indoor Batting Cages and training facility for Baseball and Softball. Call Patrick Evans at (760) 346.2414 for more information.
Each Friday, we will be giving away a free video analysis from the Hitting Zone. Fill out the entry form that is located on the right hand side of this page to enter.
13– Number of days until Opening Day
MLB News & Notes
- Hanley Ramirez was removed from Tuesday's World Baseball Classic championship game in the sixth inning after jamming his right thumb while diving for a ball. Ramirez was fitted with a splint for his jammed right thumb and will have an MRI today.
- Albert Pujols is dealing with some plantar fasciitis in his left foot. Pujols' surgically repaired right knee is better, but now he is dealing with another issue.
- Jason Vargas was rocked for five earned runs over 5 1/3 innings Tuesday in the Angels' loss to the Brewers. Vargas is now the proud owner of a 6.00 ERA in the Cactus League.
- David Ortiz (heels) took 50 swings in a cage Tuesday. It was his first time swinging a bat in nine days, and Ortiz reported feeling fine after the workout. He is expected to start the season on the 15-day disabled list.
- Derek Jeter was held out of Tuesday's game with stiffness in his ankle. Jeter and the Yankees continue to say that missing Tuesday was just part of the rehab process and not a setback.
- Pablo Sandoval (elbow) expects to be in the Giants' starting lineup on Opening Day. Sandoval has been sidelined for the past few days with an irritated ulnar nerve in his right elbow.
- Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reported that the Detroit Tigers were never interested in acquiring Carlos Marmol from the Cubs.
- Jayson Werth said that he's "feeling better" about his left wrist. Werth admitted earlier this spring that the wrist that he hurt last April was still not at full strength.
- Cody Ross (calf) jogged lightly on a treadmill Tuesday and took batting practice. It appears that time is running short for Ross to be ready for Opening Day.
- THIS DAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY: 1989 - The office of baseball commissioner Peter Ueberroth announced MLB would be conducting an inquiry into "serious allegations" concerning Reds' manager Pete Rose and gambling.